3/28/09

Kuwabara

The second-toughest punk in Sarayashiki High, and also my favorite character from Yu Yu Hakusho. Kuwabara! There was no one else it could've been. I have a weakness for tough guys who secretly love kittens.

I'm pretty sure his name is some kind of pun, because the Japanese typically say "kuwabara kuwabara" in the same way we use "knock on wood". Since he has much higher spiritual awareness than the average person and is always sensing ghosts around him as a "tickly feeling", I'm sure Kuwabara wants to knock on wood a lot!

As you've no doubt already deduced, his outfits often leave his chest exposed.

He has the power to make a cool energy sword with his spirit energy.

Here he is in his usual clothes (his school uniform). But don't worry, readers! Since this is my blog, he'll be taking his shirt off in about two seconds.

See?

Yes, he is much improved shirtless.
Since he's got those bandages shown wrapped around his waist, I wonder if that means he wears a traditional fundoshi under his pants?

Oh well! I guess we'll just have to wonder! (my money's on yes)

Kuwabara is a pretty badass dude.

. . . But he's also a total goof.

Here he is sacrificing some of his life energy to save Yusuke, his bestest bud/rival. D'aww, what a sweet guy!

I'll admit right here that Yusuke/Kuwabara was my YYH OTP. It was made somewhat easier once Kuwabara dreamed about kissing Yusuke. (context is for the weak)
CENSORED. TOO HOT FOR TELEVISION.

9 comments:

  1. Waaaait a minute...was that YOU on the bara board asking for Kuwabara art?! I had no idea!

    I was like "Should I draw so Kuwabara smut?!" but I didn't to seem all crazy O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't the requester, but I DID reply to that thread with some pictures! (which I posted here first)

    You should totally draw some Kuwa anyway though. The guy doesn't get enough love, even in his own fandom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! So you were the replier. I have to think on it...Although something may be possible...especially since you posted so many great reference pics O.o

    Maybe...mayhaps I will. If I do, then I will give you a buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what episode is the KISS?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Early on in the series, episode five!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kuwabara might have woken up before he could kiss Yusuke (really bad luck for Yusuke, as he ended up getting the reviving kiss from cakeho...erm....Keiko!) but a few episodes later (ep9) there is definite hugging when Yusuke and Kuwabara are reunited but they break off when they realise Genkai is watching them.

    Never thought of Kuwabara as a fundoshi wearer (probably because you wrote a story where he was wearing white boxer-shorts with large red hearts on them) but you make a good arguement and I like the idea and it seems go with impression given by all the pictures you've chosen that, like Hiei, he seems keen to strip off his shirt at the slightest excuse (which is always a good thing, at least with most male characters)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Yasuke, if I am not wrong, looks like Rock Lee from 'Naruto'... Btw, pleeeeeeeeeease, please, please post some new Naruto or Kiba art... *^^* *the cutest lashes-flattering look ever*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay...back again. It took a while but...I kinda attempted what I said I'd do earlier.

    Sort of.

    http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/view/541897/

    Not great but...I tried! (He looked so much better in my sketches)

    ReplyDelete